2023 All the Socks KAL - In Store
- In order to get a spot in this KAL, you must purchase Socks from the Toe Up by Wendy Johnson from our store. These are only available as pre-order with a very small amount available in store after pre-orders are over.
- We want you to make socks from the book to get yourself started, but I will not require all your socks be from the book. Try to make the first 4 pairs from the book, then make sure you follow all the other requirements here to play along.
- Socks for the KAL must be made with yarn purchased in our store - this can be any of the local dyers, just needs to be purchased at our shop.
- Each month, everyone who completes one pair of adult socks (and brings it in to the store for our records and your entry) will be entered in a drawing for a 10% off code to use in store or online. There will be 1 winner each month. Your code never expires and can be used at any time.
- At the end of the year, everyone who has completed all 12 pairs of adult socks will receive one skein on 4 Plies of the Apocalypse in an exclusive colorway only for this event. You do not have to have a completed pair each month for this. Sometimes schedules allow more or less time for our crafting. So for the exclusive skein, you just need to have completed the 12 within the year.
JANUARY CLASSES - Learn to Sock, Mary Style
- Saturday January 7th @11AM - We will go over options for making toe up socks and 2 at a time socks, and I will help you get started on your toes and foot on DPNs (double pointed needles). We will measure feet so wear socks you don't mind other humans seeing. All class orders include a free skein of Rebel Purl on 4 Plies of the Apocalypse. You can choose any color we have currently in stock. Let me know before they day of the class what color you want and we will have it wound and waiting on the day. Your tools and book (if you don't have the book already) will be waiting on your first day of class. I'm expecting the class to take about 1.5-2 hours but as always, feel free to hang out until you feel you're ready to take your socks home to knit on your own. Bring them by anytime you have a question. You will need to get your foot ready through gusset increases before the next class.
- Saturday January 14th @11AM - We are going to turn our heels today! I expect this class to take about an hour, but as always, hang out as long as you like. We will also discuss adding increases as needed to fit your legs and the sock height you are working towards.
- Saturday January 21st @11AM - This class is going to be all about finishing your socks. Don't worry if you are not ready to finish your first pair yet, but we will go over ribbing options and a simple stretchy bind off. We will also discuss blocking and sock care.
ALL THE SOCKS KAL - Meetups to sock together.
The main part of this KAL is working on our socks together! If you are in the class or not, as long as you have purchased the required KAL book you are part of this. I will post our meetups on the events page, as well as on the calendar at the store.
Anyone working on socks is welcome at the KAL nights, but you must be playing along with the rules to qualify for prizes and the exclusive colorway at the end.